The Detention Division of the Wilcox County Sheriff’s Office is vital to the Department. One of the duties of the Office of the Sheriff spelled out by law is to keep and maintain a county jail. The detention officers make this possible. The Detention Officers are responsible for making sure inmates stay locked up, seeing that the inmates needs according to law are being met, and for booking-in and processing new inmates. In addition to these duties, detention officers conduct prisoner transports and assist the administrative staff in office functions.
- Family members that wish to bring money for Inmate Commissary Accounts must do so before 11:00 am Thursday morning.
- Visitation is on Saturday from 1:00 to 2:00 pm. If its is raining visitation is canceled. This schedule is subject to change.
Inmate Telephone Communications
- Call AmTel at (800) 849-6081 to set up an account
- $20.00 for each charge
- L&W Bonding Company – (229) 273-1965
- Glen Holmes – (229) 468-3403