- The point-to-point service requires a 24-hour advance reservation; and a return trip can be reserved at the same time. Call (229) 365-2420 for reservations.
- The cost for a one-way trip within the county is $4.00 cash, $6.00 out of county up to 40 miles. Please try to have exact change. Credit or Debit cards are not accepted. The driver has a Passenger Log and records who rides the van when the fare is paid.
- Wilcox Transit System Vans carry 12 passengers and are equipped with a wheelchair lift. The service is curb to curb, and the van will wait no longer than 5-minutes if the passenger is not present.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, or illegal drugs are not allowed on the vans. No eating, drinking or open food containers are allowed.
- Adults must accompany children under 12, and children under 4 must be in a car seat. All passengers must be seated and wear seat belts while the van is in operation.
The Wilcox Transit System also provides contract shuttle service to and from Senior Centers, nursing homes, health care facilities, hospitals, and doctor’s offices; as well as for shopping and excursions. Businesses interested in providing contract shuttle service for their employees going to and from their workplace should call (229) 732-2291. Purchase of service contracts are negotiated on an individual basis.
Michael Pomirko , Wilcox County Manager, (229) 467-2737
Michael Erwin, RMS General Manager, (229) 732-2291
The Wilcox County Transit System’s current and long-term focus as a transportation provider is on maintaining the best-coordinated transportation system possible for this community. Our goal is to create a coordinated system with the objective of providing safe, reliable, timely and efficient transportation services to county residents; fully compliant with regulatory requirements; at the minimum cost to the County and its citizens.
The Wilcox Transit System operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with The Wilcox Transit System.
For more information on The Wilcox Transit System’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact (229) 467-2737, (TTY 866-694-5824); email@example.com; or visit our administrative office at 103 N Broad St, Abbeville, GA 31001.
Reasonable Accommodation (modification of policies and practices) Wilcox County Transit will make reasonable modifications to policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to its services, subject to the limitations of Federal Regulations §37.169 (c)(1) -(3) Individuals requesting modifications to Wilcox County Transit service shall contact the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator and describe what they need in order to Use the services.
Individuals requesting modifications are not required To use the term “reasonable modification” when making a request.
If information is needed in another language, contact (229) 467-2737.
You may also file your complaint directly with the FTA at: Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
La sistema de tránsito de Wilcox
La sistema de tránsito de Wilcox opera sus programas y servicios, sin distinción de raza, color y origen nacional, de conformidad con el Título VI del Acta de Derechos Civiles. Cualquier persona que cree que él o ella ha sido agraviada por cualquier práctica discriminatoria ilegal bajo el Título VI, puede presentar una queja con el sistema de transporte Wilcox.
Para obtener más información sobre la programa de derechos civiles de La sistema de tránsito de Wilcox, y los procedimientos para presentar una queja, contacte a (229) 467-2737, (TTY 866-694-5824); email firstname.lastname@example.org; o visite nuestra oficina administrativa en 103 N Broad St, Abbeville, GA 31001.
Si se necesita información en otro idioma, el contacto (229) 467-2737.
También puede presentar su queja directamente con el FTA en: Oficina Federal de Administración de Tránsito de Derechos Civiles Atención: Coordinador de Programa del Título VI, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590